Access the online claim Inquiry tool which lets you find the status of your unemployment insurance request. You must certify for benefits by phone or online by filling an application to get your unemployment insurance benefits.
- Claiming unemployment benefits online is fast, secure, and easy. Visit www.njuifile.net to claim your benefits by the internet.
- You may request your benefits by phone if you cannot do it online.
Department of Labor and Workforce Development: Visit the website to claim your benefits, file or reopen your UI claim, change your direct deposit account information or check status.
Claim Inquiry Application: you can obtain the status of your request anytime anywhere with a click. You can file your primary unemployment insurance claim online or by telephone using the inquiry application.
What will you need to access your get information?
- Your PIN from your current claim
- Your New Jersey State issued driver’s license or identification card
- Unemployment Benefits online ID and Passcode
Let’s get started!
- Go to the link that is njuifile.net from your web browser to begin the application.
- Go to “Claim Status” link, tap it to continue.
- On next page, you will see process requirements, data privacy, and security notice.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- Read the statement; you will need an Unemployment Benefits account ID and passcode to carry on.
- Press the “Continue” button.
Sign in if you have a registered account on the site.
- Enter your Online ID associated with your account.
- Type your password in designated field.
- Click on the “Sign In” button.
You need to set up a new account if you have not signed into this site.
- Click on the “First Time User? Click Here” link at the bottom of the page to access the registration application.
- Complete the sections given in the form with accurate details.
First, you need to provide information which will help for your identification.
- Enter your legal name (first name, middle name/initial and surname).
- Type your social security number.
- Confirm your SSN.
- Provide your date of birth.
Enter your valid contact information in next section.
- Enter a preferred email address. You will get confirmation via email.
- Confirm your email address.
- Provide your telephone number.
Create your ID and password.
- Enter online ID in designated box.
- Create a robust password. Keep your code confidential.
- Confirm your password.
- Answer the security questions.
- Enter the code exactly as it shown in the image.
- Select “Create My Account” button at the bottom left to finish the registration.
Now you can continue to check status.
- Claim Inquiry allows you to obtain information:
- Your claim status
- Remaining claim balance
- Weekly benefit rate
- Address of your “One Stop Career Center”
- Scheduled appointments
- You will get the most current information.
- If the most up-to-date application data is not available, the system will instruct you to come back at another time.
- Get accurate information on how to file and receive benefits for a calendar week.
Privacy & Security Terms:
- Claim online application uses a secure connection
- Your information is private data, and company values your privacy.
- Your data will never release to unrelated parties.
- The information you provide only for the purposes to confirm income and eligibility proof.
- The company may share your information with another state that determines worthiness for federal benefits and programs including Food Stamps and Medicaid.
- Social Security Administration will certify your social security number.
- Department of Homeland Security will authenticate your work approval in the United States if you are not a legal resident.
- The company uses the most advanced safety measures and provisions to ensure that the data provided by you in the application is kept secure and confidential.
- Data submitted using the application is encrypted.
- Your session will “time out” and all the information will delete from the system if your PC is idle for 30 minutes or more.
- If you exit before finishing the request, your data will be misplaced.
Claims Inquiry Centers:
- If you have a question and want to get more information about your claim, you can contact help centers by calling at (732)761-2020, (201)601-4100 or (856)507-2340.
Out Of State Residents:
- You can contact by calling at (888)795-6672.
Regular Business Hours:
Monday through Friday8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, excluding holidays. Team members are there to help you about specific claim information