njuifile.net provide quick and secure access to a file or reopen your unemployment insurance claims, add/change your direct deposit, claim your weekly benefits, telephone/address change, view tax statement and claim status.
- Improvements are made to the application to make it easier to use.
- Access to the New Jersey Unemployment Insurance System is not available from a location outside of the United States.
Unemployment Insurance Benefit Claim: To use this application, you must have already summited a claim for unemployment insurance benefits. You can receive your payment quicker through the weekly claim.
- Add an email address or change your email address to receive confirmation of the request. They will use your information to determine your eligibility for benefits.
Application consists of the following:
- Up-to-date information regarding your unemployment claim.
- You need to provide an active email address. You will receive an email confirmation of this certification.
- You have to pass eligibility questions. Answer seven questions listed on the screen about your eligibility. Questions are with information underneath and related sub-questions underneath. You may be required to meet additional questions.
- If you give an invalid response, the system will direct you to make a correction.
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
Obligation To Submit Claim:
- Submit your social security number.
- You need to provide your Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Enter your email address.
- To claim your benefits, first, go to njuifile.net web address from your web browser.
- You will see different options to manage your application.
- Select “Claim Your Weekly Benefits” link to proceed.
- You will see relevant information on next screen, read the information carefully.
- Select “Exit” if you do not wish to file a claim.
- Click “Continue” button to acknowledge that you understand this statement and want to file weekly unemployment claim.
- Start Application: Select “Click Here” button to continue.
- To initiate the process you have to provide the social security number.
- Click “Submit” button.
- You need to provide your PIN.
- You can create your secret word right now if you have not already created one. Choose a PIN to file for benefits.
- Create PIN with a 4-digit number that you will recall.
- You have to provide the passcode when you claim weekly benefits.
- Complete the application by following the on-screen prompts.
- If you cannot complete your certification, click “EXIT” button to cancel your request.
- Your claim will be locked if you do not exit to cancel. You cannot claim benefits until the next day.
- Select the “Submit” button upon completing the application.
After selecting the “Submit” button, wait for a confirmation page to appear. When the confirmation page appears, note “Confirmation Number.” You can also print the confirmation page. The confirmation number will be emailed to you if you have provided an email address.
- Click “Claim Status” link to begin the application.
- Read the valuable information and select “Continue.”
- You have to provide an Unemployment Benefits Online ID and Password to continue.
- Press “Sign In”.
Claim Inquiry allows you to:
- Get information about your claim
- You can check weekly benefit rate,
- Track remaining claim balance,
- Check scheduled appointments.
After you submitted your application, you receive the following information through mail:
- You will get the date to claim your first benefits and
- Read the instructions for claiming your unemployment benefits carefully.
- Get information about Schedule appointments.
It is your duty to file your benefits and be up to date with your interest payment. Keep a record of your certifications. You can claim benefits weekly.
Limited Unemployment Benefits: Once you start a full-time job, you are not eligible to continue receiving these benefits. You may be qualified for narrow unemployment assistance subject to start working. You must report wages as of the first day you begin work.
Repay Benefits:You need to repay the received benefits to which you were not entitled otherwise you may face the consequences.
- If you have collected benefits illegally, it may result in interest and penalties. Also, you may be accused criminally, confronted with extra fines and likely jail time. You will even disqualify from the receiving of unemployment insurance benefits for a year.
Claims Inquiry Centers:
Contact help desk by calling at
Contact a representative to get specific claim information. You can ask questions about the amount of your benefit payment and last benefit payment.
Out of State residents:
Contact at (888)795-6672 to speak with a Claims Agent.