Your UI claim becomes inactive if you discontinue confirming for unemployment benefits. NJUI will inform you to reopen or file a new request.
Apply For Reopen Or A New Claim:
You must meet the following criteria to claim your benefit online:
- All of your work must be in New Jersey in the past 18 months
- You must reside in the United States
You did not job in the previous 18 months for:
- Federal government
- Maritime employee
To submit your request promptly you need to provide:
- New Jersey Non-Driver Photo Identification ID or driver’s license number. The information will only expedite the processing of your claim, although this is not an obligation for submitting the application.
You must have the following particulars:
- Your Social Security Number to validate with the Social Security Administration.
- Your work approval in the United States will be confirmed with Homeland Security if you are not a United States resident, and you must provide the alien registration papers including:
- Alien registration kind and number
- Country of origin
- Employment Authorization Card/Permanent Resident Card
Employer information including:
- Contact number
- Residential address
- Commencement and end date of hire
- Cause for ending
Provide your bank information if you want to receive benefits straight to your bank.
Njuifile allows you to manage your unemployment insurance benefits. You can file a new claim for benefit as well as reopen an existing claim over the Internet. To use the website, you must have an Online ID and Password.
- You will need to access the link that is njuifile.net from your web browser.
- On resultant page, you will see an option stated as “File or Reopen Your UI Claim” in the center of the page, hit it off to continue.
- Read valuable information on next page and press the “File A Claim” button at the bottom of the page.
- You have to create an account to continue.
- Press “Continue” button.
Have you created an online account on this website? If you have already created an ID and Password, enter login information in the form.
- Enter your online ID.
- Type your account password.
- Click on the “Sign In” button.
- Click on the “Forgot Online ID” link to start the search.
- Enter email address in designated field.
- Hit the “Search” button.
- Tap the “Forgot Password” link to continue.
- Type your email address.
- Hit the “Search” button.
- Choose “First Time User, Click Here” blue button to begin the registration process.
- The system will take you on the application page. You have to provide your information in the online form.
Confirm Your Identity:
- Provide the details to verify your identity.
- Enter legal first name.
- Type middle name/initial in next space.
- Type your legal last name.
- Enter social security number.
- Provide your date of birth.
- Enter your email address.
- Confirm email ID.
- Type your active telephone number.
- Make your Online ID. You can add minimum seven characters.
- Create a password for your account.
- Confirm your password.
Answer The Security Questions:
- Choose security question.
- Answer the two questions.
- Enter the code in CAPTCHA box.
Hit the “Create My Account” button at the bottom left. Continue with your claim application and finish the process as per directions
Security & Privacy Of Your Information:
The company respects your privacy. All the data collected from you for unemployment benefit is private data; they will never give the details to third parties only if authorized by a court order, federal law or with your consent.
The Company needs your data for income and eligibility verification. Other Federal organizations need the details to define your entitlement for:
- Food Stamps
- Social Security
- Other state or federal benefits and programs
Identity Verification Program:
- For your protection against identity theft, the organization has established a program.
- You need to answer a series of multiple-choice questions relate to your background to verify and confirm your identity and decrease the risk of fraud whenever you file a claim.
- The company does not keep, store or share your personal information you provide for identity verification.
If you have questions about unemployment insurance claim, feel free to contact service desk by calling at 609-292-2460 to talk to an agent.